Cookies are small text files that help organise and store browsing information when people visit a website. They are not programmes, and cannot damage your computer or any files you have on it, nor can they transmit viruses. Find out more about cookies in general here.
The cookies I have on my site don't collect any personal information or anything which can identify you as an individual. They don't add you to a mailing list nor do they enable me to contact you after your visit.
I also embed some links or content from other websites such as PayPal, facebook or google. These are clearly identified, but if you click on them you may be presented with cookies from these other sites. I cannot control the dissemination or operation of these cookies and you should check with the websites they come from for more information about them.
Controlling individual cookies:
You can find out more about StatCounter, and set your browser to refuse their cookies by clicking this link:http://statcounter.com/about/set-refusal-cookie/
If you prefer not to deal with cookies on a 'site by site' basis you can use your browser to automatically control which cookies you accept from any site you visit. http://www.aboutcookies.org will advise you if you do not know how to do this.
If you read to the back of the book, you'll find that if you email me the answers to some simple questions, you can be granted permission to log in to the private area of this site to access therapy resources. This means I'm holding your personal data and Data Protection issues apply.
- My company, Yorkshire Therapies & Training Ltd, is registered with the ICO - https://ico.org.uk/ESDWebPages/Entry/ZA230146.
- You have no legal requirement to share any information with me, but if you do not do so you will not be able to log into the private area of the site.
- The information about you that I collect comes from you when you send me the answers to the questions in the back of the book, and ask to log into the private pages of this site.
- The purpose of collecting personal information from you is to enable you to log in.
- The categories of data/information I collect include your name and email address.
- The lawful basis of my collecting and processing this data is legitimate interests. If you email, phone or contact me via social media with enquiries or to request access to the private area of this site, it is a legitimate interest of my business to use your contact details to reply to you or to provide that access.
- I am the only person who has access to this information unless
- there is a legal requirement for me to share the information (e.g. a court order or warrant is issued)
- you ask me in writing to share your information with someone else
- I keep the information you give me as long as you want to be able to log in to the site.
- You have rights over the information I hold about you. These are
- Portability - you can ask me to send your information to someone else
- Rectification - if you think my records are wrong you can ask me to change them
- Erasure - in some circumstances you can ask me to remove your details from my records (this is sometimes called 'the right to be forgotten')
- Fair profiling - you can ask that any processes I automate are done by a person instead of a computer. I don’t automate any information processing on this site.
- Right of access - you can have a copy of the information I hold at any time, by requesting it in writing. If you do this it will be provided within 30 days and free of charge.
- Restricting processing - in some circumstances you can request that I stop processing your information
- Objection - you can object to the way I process information (e.g. if it is used to send you direct marketing you don’t want to receive) and you can ask me to stop using it in that way
- Information - you have the right to understand how I collect and process your information (hence this privacy notice)
- You can learn more about these rights on https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
- You can withdraw your permission for me to use your information at any time, and ask me to remove your details from this site.
- You have a right to complain to the ICO if you have any problem with the way I store or use your data, or if you do not think your rights are being respected.